Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Addiction



I have a problem....not just any problem but a BIG problem. I love Chocolate. This love isn't normal. I dream about chocolate, desire chocolate, I beg for chocolate, I panic when I don't have chocolate in the house, I ask friends to buy chocolate and worse of all... my day is shot when I don't have a piece of chocolate. I think I am an addict. Chocolate is my "cocaine" in life. I need to kick the habit, but I do not think it is possible and life would be lame without it. Why is the coco bean my friend? How can something so simple, be made into the most delicious of treats??
I have been thinking about the word love and the different kinds of love. There are nine kinds that I can think of off hand. 1) Affection
2)Sexual Love
3)Platonic Love
4)Romantic Love
5)Puppy Love
6)Friendship
7)Committed Love
8)Infatuation
9)Passionate Love
What have these nine kinds of love have anything to do with my subject of chocolate...well, I think I hit 5 of these. Truly! I have deep AFFECTION for chocolate....I am very "fond" of it and I have a deep "bond" with it, plus I think it could be a one-sided relationship. I do not have sexual relationship with chocolate, so this must mean it is a PLATONIC love. I "care for it and get great "happiness" from it. I do dream about chocolate so I must have a ROMANTIC love going on. I "take walks" with it, "I want to be with it all the time" and "my world revolves around it." Chocolate is my friend so FRIENDSHIP must be one. I have a "good time" with it, I have a "loyalty" to it and I "respect" it's power over me. I know I have a COMMITTED love for my chocolaty friend. It is a "long lasting friendship", it is a "devotion" that I can not break and "I promise" I will never leave it.
So you can see that I do have a problem. I adore my silky, smooth, dark, sticky, gooey friend. I do not know how to stop my addiction, nor do I need help ...thank you very much!

1 comment:

Maraiya said...

Not so surprising that this post follows the previous one. In "Super Size Me," a doctor commented that the same drug they use to prevent heroin users from O.D.ing can also be used to rid chocoholics of their cravings. Too. too. true.

And, may I remind you, that tourist season has not officially started yet and that it is still safe to walk into the fudge company and purchase something?