Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 2




Today was day 2 of the cousins sleepover. The day started off inauspicious. My little niece must be mixed up about the time or something, because she woke up the entire house at 5:30am. I could not get anyone back to sleep and have been reaping the unfortunate results of crabby children. I have learned on this adventure that I need to stand firm with the things I believe in. Here are some things I feel strongly about and haven't wavered at all on. 1) Video games are not more important then friends and cousins. 2) We go outside when it is sunny...period. 3) We are always polite to your aunt and uncle no matter how tired we get. 4) We sleep in until 7:00am. 5) We wash our hands after we poop, not just run them under the water and wipe hands on towel. I have stood firm on these. I will not bend.
The day has been a C+ sort of day. The kids are more argumentative then yesterday...showing more "balls" if you will. They tell it like it is and I listen then tell them how I would like it to be. They give me challenging glances and then decide not to mess with it. I smile and tell them I love them and then we play games and laugh.
Today was movie night. We had popcorn, chocolate and Popsicles to wash it all down. We watched Kung Fu Panda and laughed and laughed. We had pillows and blankets and crunchy popcorn EVERYWHERE!!! It was loads of fun. I am grateful for these memories. I love my niece and nephews. Just not when they GET UP AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING!!!!! Grrrrr.

1 comment:

M said...

sorry about the early wake up call - she never does that at home; I always have to draag her but out of bed. It sounds like the day turned out okay though by the end.