Monday, April 26, 2010

The Challenge



I have a deep adoration for celebrity gossip. I read and research up to three times daily, on several sites just to catch up on my favorite actors and actresses. It delights me to see what these people are up to and what they wear. I love seeing family photos and candid shots. I adore everything about Hollywood. I do not know when I started this love for everything Hollywood, but I think it began with my grandma, who brought home Enquirers, Star magazines and People. I would look at these magazines with half a heart and laugh at the stuff I would read, but I guess deep down I really liked "the news." It got to the point where I would ask my grandma if she had any new magazines and get really disappointed when she would tell me no. Now that I am an adult, I can go online and look to my hearts content at all the gossip in Hollywood. I find myself really wanting some sites to update faster, because I had already read what was on them and I longed for more. I got to thinking...this is kinda gross. I think I have a habit that I need to break. So I have a challenge for myself. I want to go for one month not looking up ANY Hollywood gossip. I think I can do this, but I know it will be hard. Keep your fingers crossed that I can do it. May 26th is the day!!!

2 comments:

ConTorTion said...

Outside of their movies, I would prefer to never hear or see anything about them. If they want me to know how great or smart they are they can right a fucking book. Otherwise stfu and make a new movie.

Maraiya said...

Apparently your DH feels quite strongly about the stars.... ;) I admit to being interested but I definitely make a point to ignore the gossip. Except for the doctor's office - People is a great magazine to read while you're waiting to be called back.

Good luck in your challenge! You can do it!