Sunday, April 11, 2010

Church




It is such a struggle to get ready and out the door for church every Sunday. I just about want to die! Here are some reasons why: the kids are screaming at each other, hubby can't find his tie, I do not know why my hair isn't acting right, Ian doesn't want to wear tie shoes... only boots and Sashi flat refuses to get her hair done....this happens EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY!!! Why is there SO MUCH DRAMA at my house? Why can't we just get dressed and out the door without a fuss? Is it too much to ask?
As I sit here thinking about my day...I know why it is important to go to church. When we go to church we learn about heavenly father and his son Jesus Christ. We learn about old scripture stories and people from the past. We learn how to live. We learn how to love. I believe church is one of the pieces of the pie to a wonderful relationship with God....the other two are prayer and scripture study. When you put all of these together, you have a wonderful gift. I want my children to love Heavenly Father. I want them to have a wonderful life. My gift to them is teaching them as much as I can about God. I hope that they pray everyday and form a relationship with him. So is it worth the early morning fights, complaining and tantrums to get to church? I believe it is. =)

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hi,

Amen! Great article. I love the painting! Can you tell me who your artist us? Would love to purchase it. Your sticky

Unknown said...

How do I purchase a print
Email me
njctxgrl@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

i love this print, it is so much like my childhood church in Alabama that my
heart skipped a beat, can i buy a print somewhere Thank you oh and your story
so true, child is grown now but i remember those mornings